Thursday, July 7, 2011

Townies


My stylish new cruiser bike.

The big advantage is that I can sit up and therefore still ride with an 8-month belly. Plus the basket - I am no longer sure how I ever survived without a basket.

I will grudgingly admit that Simmers may have outdone me with his homemade bamboo bicycle, which got its inaugural ride last week.

Finishing touches.

The first ride. I think Simmers was more surprised than any of his audience that the bike survived.

A fine destination for a first ride.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

You guys need to enter a show 'n' shine with those handsome conveyances.

Holly said...

I love the new red bike!

Albinoblackbear said...

Indeed a destination, especially if coffee and breakfast burrito awaits! :)

curmudgeonlybumbly said...

Woah. Great bikes.
Beardless Simmers ought to make a bamboo tall bike. Now that would be awesome. (This comment is in no way intended to reduce the awesomeness of the bamboo bike.)