Thursday, November 13, 2008

Moab, Utah

Checking out our new map. It's always fun to be on a new road.

...until you approach hour 20 in the car.

Getting psyched for the first ride - or maybe getting more car jitters out.

Cruising around on some slickrock.

About 2 minutes after I discovered falling on Moab rock really does hurt more than soft rainforest moss (you can see dirt smudges all down my arm and leg).
I have no idea how James managed to capture I picture of me smiling. I recall being rather pissed off at this moment.

On top of Amasa Back.

Slickrock. Not so slick.
Yet another picture of me trying to keep up to James.

We got to experience an impressive thunderstorm while out on Slickrock trail. The lighting hit so close to us that I didn't hear a pause with the thunder at all. And then it started to RAIN. Creeks and pools filled in seconds and we were soaked to the bone. The sun came out right after the rain and I captured my favourite pictures of the trip.


Happy and wet.

No comments: