Sunday, July 29, 2007

Scotland

The town of Brodick on the Isle of Arran
Cycling on Arran

And then it got bushy, and hilly, and rocky, and very much not a bike trail. (I was a wee bit grumpy.)

stonecrop

sheep vertebra

scrambling up Goat Fell

On top of Goat Fell - the highest point on Arran

thistle

The spooky A'chir Ridge

Cycling the West Highland Way with a lot of stuff strapped to our bikes.

Pointing at Ben Nevis - Scotland's highest peak

Nikki, Andy and goofy James on the Aonach Eagach Ridge



A pea flower

The final descent to the pub (pubs are standard at the end of Scottish hikes, I think I could get very used to this)

Pub menu highlights

We spent an afternoon at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh which is where I'll be doing my masters in 2008/09. The green houses are amazing.
sexy pistil

banana leaf

1 comment:

RSwood said...

Verena these are the best blog photos I've ever seen! Scotland looked amazing. And you're so modest, you didn't even send us an update note!
I added a link to your blog from ours cuz yours is so COOL!