Friday, May 4, 2007

The Garden

Yes, I have reached a new level of nerdiness - I've started a blog. James and I just gave each other a digital camera for our birthdays, so now I've got pictures to share. Here are a few of my garden from yesterday.


My Dad got me this cloche last summer and helped me install it. He also helped me dig the entire garden the summer before - go Dad! It's proven to be a great way to have fresh greens early in the season.

I planted this lettuce in the fall and it came up as soon as it was warm enough in the spring, which was when there was still snow all around the cloche. I'm not sure I'd do this again as the cloche completely collapsed during the first heavy snowfall and I spent the rest of the winter trying to keep the snow off of it. But is sure is nice to have salad for dinner.

Fiddle heads are coming up : )

These pacific bleeding hearts were blooming all around the front of the Cozy Cabin when we first came to look at it while we were house hunting back in 2005. Just one more thing I love about our home.

No comments: